Tuesday, November 15, 2011

There's no such thing as a free pen!

I've got a pen. I don't know what company gave it to me, but I got a pen. It's already broken and I didn't need the pen to start with, but that's probably not that important. What is important is that I got something for free. Also I've tried to win an Ipad a few times. I didn't win it, I got another pen.

As you've already probably guessed, I've been visiting the exhibit today. I wanted to check out a few companies and see some products. The danger is in the people with the badge-scanners. They will hunt you down and in return for a pen they scan your badge so they can spam you and make money off of you. Or as someone once cleverly put it: If you’re not paying for it, you’re not the customer. You’re the product being sold.

1 comment:

brainteresting said...

I got an antibody. I wanted a squishy brain but all I got was an antibody, to AMPA. Each time they scan me I ask if they'll spam me. Their reply is usually, erm no of course not! Psk, the thought alone!

I'm reprogramming my spam filter as we speak...

Today I tried to get the exhibitors wifi password. I said: "I'll let you scan my badge, if you give me your password?". It didn't work, bastards...